Paying For Meals

Free and Reduced Meal Benefits

The application for Free and Reduced meals is available online. If you should choose to apply, please follow the on-screen instructions (link below). Paper applications will be available upon request at the school. Only one application is needed per household. If you choose to complete an online application, please keep the confirmation number for your records. The online application is available at in both English and Spanish.

Pre-Pay for meals through My Payments Plus

You can prepay for meals with a major credit card by telephone
(1-866-535-1707), or through the internet at .

To set up a MyPaymentsPlus account, you will need each child’s CCSD Student ID number. The student ID can be obtained by contacting your child’s local school.

Registering online with MyPaymentsPlus allows you to view your student’s account balances, purchase history, and payment history online, and even be notified by email when account balances fall below a designated amount. You do not have to make prepayments to use these features.

Please note that a 4.75% program fee applies to each payment made through The Cobb County School District does not receive any portion of these fees. All program fees go directly to to cover the costs associated with providing the service (website hosting, technical support, credit card processing, and other related bank fees).

Other Payment Information

For a list of weekly, monthly and semester payment amounts, click here.


You may pay into an account for your student with cash or check sent to the school. If paying with cash at elementary school, put it in a sealed envelope with your student’s first and last name and "Meal Payment" on it. Also, please write the teacher's name and grade on the outside of the envelope.


Make check payable to: School Name Cafe(ie Acworth Cafe). When paying by check, write your student's (first and last) name on the check. If you know your student's Cobb County ID number, put it on the check, too. Use a separate check for each child to ensure that the correct amount of money is applied to each child's account.

Please make sure your child has money for their meals every day. If you need to know how much money is on your child’s account, you may call or email the school’s Café Manager. The cashier can also tell your student the account balance.

Charge Policy

Cobb County school administration has adopted a limited charge policy. If a student arrives at school without money, they are allowed up to $7.50 in charges at elementary school, $5.50 at middle school and $2.00 at high school. Charges are not allowed for a la carte items or adults. In the event a student has reached their charge limit and picks up a meal a “Student Success Meal” will be provided; this may cause the students meal account to exceed the designated charge limit.


If you have a student leaving the Cobb County School District, any remaining funds in their meal account can be transferred to another sibling in the district, refunded, or donated (you may donate the balance to a student in need). To request a refund, funds transfer, or make a donation please contact the cafeteria manager at your student’s school or call the Food and Nutrition Services central office at 770-426-3380 for assistance. Optionally, if you are only transferring funds between siblings enrolled in CCSD, you have the option of doing so online via for any registered students on your MPP account. There is a $2.75 convenience fee for this service for a full year of access to transfers.

Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) and Chargebacks

It is the policy of Cobb County School District (CCSD) Food and Nutrition Services that two instances of either:

1. A check payment returned for non-sufficient funds, stop payment, or closed account

2. A disputed MyPaymentsPlus online payment (chargeback)

will result in permanent suspension of Check and/or Online Payment privileges for the duration of your child/children’s attendance in the Cobb County School District. This revocation of payment privileges will extend to all members in the household.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


(2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or


(3)        email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA.


Las personas con discapacidades que necesiten medios alternativos para la comunicación de la información del programa (por ejemplo, sistema Braille, letras grandes, cintas de audio, lenguaje de señas americano, etc.), deben ponerse en contacto con la agencia (estatal o local) en la que solicitaron los beneficios. Las personas sordas, con dificultades de audición o discapacidades del habla pueden comunicarse con el USDA por medio del Federal Relay Service [Servicio Federal de Retransmisión] al (800) 877-8339. Además, la información del programa se puede proporcionar en otros idiomas.


Para presentar una denuncia de discriminación, complete el Formulario de Denuncia de Discriminación del Programa del USDA, (AD-3027) que está disponible en línea en: How to File a Complaint. y en cualquier oficina del USDA, o bien escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncia, llame al (866) 632-9992. Haga llegar su formulario lleno o carta al USDA por:


(1)        correo: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


(2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; o


(3)        correo electrónico::


Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.